Possible story - Nightmare Moon's origins ...

Come play in the Sandbox if you want to share fic ideas with others!

Possible story - Nightmare Moon's origins ...

Postby Corporal Fluttershy » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:39 pm

So, the Changeling Queen has the following abilities:

Can take the form of any pony (given she successfully impersonated an "Alicorn", I assume she can pretty much cover the spectrum)

Can effectively "use" that Pony's power (if magical) or abilities or, has native magic that can replicate that magic.

Can imprison the pony she has taken the role of utterly.

Feeds of the love the pony she has copycatted has for another pony, or vice-versa.

Now, given that ... What if Nightmare Moon was never Luna to begin with? What if Nightmare Moon was only the Changeling Queen's best impression of Luna, having imprisoned the latter and taken her place. Considering the love the two sisters undoubtedly share, that would be a very tasty "dish" to consume. Who knows what kind of nonsense "Luna" got up to before Celestia was forced to act. The real twist, of course, being that the Changeling Queen switches back immediately prior to banishment, leaving Luna to one thousand years of banishment and presumably, "madness" later giving rise to what appears to be Nightmare Moon.

I've really just thought this now. Any opinions? Problems anyone can foresee?
SHOW ME YOUR WAR FACE, CORPORAL!

Assistant Veterinarian (2nd. Class), Equestrian Army Princess Celestia Veterinary Corps.
Corporal Fluttershy

Re: Possible story - Nightmare Moon's origins ...

Postby Starlight Dragon » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:29 pm

Sad to see a good idea never put to pen. It could work out fine if you handle the fact that luna maybe able to excape the prison,just like Mi Amor, and Twilight did, and or tell Celestia what happend before the Elements of Harmony banish her.
"With the return of darkness and total chaos, at the return of her dark master, the Dragon will rise again, to serve her master once more."
Starlight Dragon

Postby VividSerenity » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:42 am

I had always thought that Luna transformed into Nightmare Moon after the two had defeated King Sombra, since both events happened one thousand years before the events of the show. Maybe the door that Sombra had could've shown Luna her fears, making her more susceptible to corruption. I also noticed how Nightmare Moon travels around as somewhat of a shadow, which King Sombra did in the "The Crystal Empire".
I still retain some interest in MLP, though I've been getting into more SU-related things...
VividSerenity

Postby The Masked Ghost » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:56 pm

VividSerenity wrote:I had always thought that Luna transformed into Nightmare Moon after the two had defeated King Sombra, since both events happened one thousand years before the events of the show. Maybe the door that Sombra had could've shown Luna her fears, making her more susceptible to corruption. I also noticed how Nightmare Moon travels around as somewhat of a shadow, which King Sombra did in the "The Crystal Empire".

Actually, if you read the comics, there something about an evil entity or something like that, I forgot what it was, bit it was something that fed off of her jealiousy or something like that and made her into Nightmare Moon...according to the comics that is...not sure if the comics are cannon are not, but there you go...
Moon Crabs are the best...
The Masked Ghost

Postby The Masked Ghost » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:41 pm

How long does that take you to do that?
Moon Crabs are the best...
The Masked Ghost

Postby Shinobionryu7 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:10 pm

Interesting theory
Shinobionryu7

Return to The Sandbox