Questionable Content

Updates and information about the site.

Questionable Content

Postby RBDash47 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:47 pm

It's not just a webcomic any more. Wait, what?

Eh-ahem! The Explicit section of the forum's cup runneth over with gory and saucy imagery, splattering - as gory and saucy things have been known to do - over other sections. Try to keep in mind that it is a kid's show, and ergo some kids may run across this stuff, but even apart from that, keep in mind that many adult bronies love the show for its purity and don't want anything to do with darker content. Some members even browse around younger family members, and really don't want to have to explain why Dash is dressed in a schoolfilly's uniform.

So, a friendly reminder - if you want to share gory/saucy stuff, keep it in the Explicit section; if for some reason you think it really needs to be posted outside, spoiler it and make it clear in your post the spoiler'd stuff is spoiler'd for a reason.
Rainbow is best pony.
RBDash47
Site Admin

Re: Questionable Content

Postby Davidism » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:49 pm

I know I've been guilty of this in the past, and so will make a more conscientious effort to maintain the graphic nature of conversation and content to the appropriate sections.
Davidism

Postby RBDash47 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:51 pm

Appreciate it!

Also somehow this lost its global announcement status - fixed so hopefully everyone will see it.
Rainbow is best pony.
RBDash47
Site Admin

Postby USMC Brony » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:56 pm

I'll just keep doing what I'm doing then...

You should know though... The closest I'll ever post to well... Anything truly 'explicit' will be an image of suggestively posed ponies (SFW, ALL OF THEM), to music... Personal favorite is RBD to foghat.

For comedic value:
Spoiler: show
As I walk through he valley of death, I have no fear. Why? Because I am the baddest motherfucker in that valley, ready to tear anything that comes at me limb from limb.I am a Marine, let's get motivated. Stay frosty.
USMC Brony

Postby Vermillon » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:34 am

odd i can see this in Verms Playground section lol.
Well , i did post a sypnosis in random, but it wasnt exactly detailed , feel free to move that thread if you want tho.

Erm, not questioning your point Rdash, but it seemed odd youd say that kids read this stuff, i doubt anyone under the age of say 12 reads fics on the internet , and lets be honest kids these days with the internet have seen just about everything by that age lol , but rules are rules, and i shall abide :)
Author of such literary atrocities as..

Friendship is Tragic
A big series of Small stories from the Ponyville Post (Man i really should get that title changed)
And working on a new one (Yeah i said that before)
Vermillon

Postby RBDash47 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:37 pm

Vermillon wrote:odd i can see this in Verms Playground section lol.
Well , i did post a sypnosis in random, but it wasnt exactly detailed , feel free to move that thread if you want tho.

You'll see it in every section; it's a global announcement just to make sure everyone sees it.

Vermillon wrote:Erm, not questioning your point Rdash, but it seemed odd youd say that kids read this stuff, i doubt anyone under the age of say 12 reads fics on the internet , and lets be honest kids these days with the internet have seen just about everything by that age lol , but rules are rules, and i shall abide :)

It's unlikely, I'll admit; however, we do definitely have active members who don't care for it - some who've made it clear publicly and some who've come to me privately - so it'd be nice for them to not have to worry about running across that sort of thing.
Rainbow is best pony.
RBDash47
Site Admin

Postby Rarity_Fan » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:50 pm

That seems fair I'll make sure to keep that kind of talk and pics to the Explicit Section from now on!
RariTwi fan here!
Rarity_Fan

Return to Administrivia