Fan Fiction Archive 3.0

Updates and information about the site.

Re: Fan Fiction Archive 3.0

Postby RBDash47 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:27 am

Okay all, the new version of the site is live. Go nuts.

I've also made some changes/reorganizations in the forum here -- no, you're not crazy, things did look a little different last time you logged in.
Rainbow is best pony.
RBDash47
Site Admin

Postby Draco_2k » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:52 am

Draco_2k

Postby Drakomis Reign » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:23 am

Site looks awesome. :3
"Wisdom is knowing you have no wisdom, thus you attain it."

==Disclaimer==
I am a douchebag. If you think I have issues with you, you're probably wrong. So feel free to ask questions. Otherwise, deal with it.
Drakomis Reign

Postby MoronSonOfBoron » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:43 am

Looks amazing! I love simple designs, and it's chock-full of content and tag goodness. You should seriously consider promoting the site on EqD now that you have this more robust site version in place.
I'm a pretty little filly who respects anime women for their intelligence and strength in the face of danger
Storm PrincessArchive #46samutoka @ devART
MoronSonOfBoron

Postby RBDash47 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:44 am

MoronSonOfBoron wrote:I love simple designs, and it's chock-full of content and tag goodness. You should seriously consider promoting the site on EqD now that you have this more robust site version in place.

Seth isn't interested in posting about us, though I would certainly love to get the exposure.

ETA: If anyone feels the need to email him about the new update, please feel free, but also please remember which fandom we're a part of and be polite. I don't want to keep haranguing him personally, but maybe if others wrote in about us he'd change his mind.
Rainbow is best pony.
RBDash47
Site Admin

Postby Drakomis Reign » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:56 am

RBDash47 wrote:
MoronSonOfBoron wrote:I love simple designs, and it's chock-full of content and tag goodness. You should seriously consider promoting the site on EqD now that you have this more robust site version in place.

Seth isn't interested in posting about us, though I would certainly love to get the exposure.

ETA: If anyone feels the need to email him about the new update, please feel free, but also please remember which fandom we're a part of and be polite. I don't want to keep haranguing him personally, but maybe if others wrote in about us he'd change his mind.

Wait a minute, why in the hell hasn't your site been mentioned anyway? I don't recall reading anything up on some kind of quarrel here.

==Disclaimer==
I am a douchebag. If you think I have issues with you, you're probably wrong. So feel free to ask questions. Otherwise, deal with it.
Drakomis Reign

Postby RBDash47 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:59 am

Seth has decided that the only fanfic site he'll be promoting is FIMFiction.
Rainbow is best pony.
RBDash47
Site Admin

Postby Drakomis Reign » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:04 am

RBDash47 wrote:Seth has decided that the only fanfic site he'll be promoting is FIMFiction.

I can only assume because of Trixie. Well, I maintain my opinion about EqD. I've been trying to get the word out on it, but you know. For all intensive purposes I'm not sending the jackass an e-mail. I would probably ruin whatever chance you want to have. Personally I think you're better off, but for some reason you bronies seem to think that site means something.

*shrugs*

I am truly sorry he is dealing with you this way. If there's anything I can do, let me know. I have a few connections on the interwebs, but only if you want me to spread the word or whatever. Perhaps we'll find some newer members? Who knows. I am the Propoganda Minister for Permanent, after all. XD

==Disclaimer==
Drakomis Reign

Postby RBDash47 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:10 am

Drakomis Reign wrote:for some reason you bronies seem to think that site means something.

Well, EqD has become the hotbed of MLP:FiM news, etc. It's the single best way to get exposure for anything pony-related - if you get posted there, you know a huge number of bronies are going to see it. Even having BSS mention us in dapple's interview, our URL buried in the last paragraph, spiked our traffic by 25%. We're steadily growing without EqD's help, of course, I assume via our ponychan thread and word-of-mouth. I'll be posting a few other places later today.

Drakomis Reign wrote:I have a few connections on the interwebs, but only if you want me to spread the word or whatever. Perhaps we'll find some newer members? Who knows. I am the Propoganda Minister for Permanent, after all. XD

Absolutely, you (and anyone else) can post about us anywhere you think people might be interested. One (smallish) part of the reason we're no longer going to be proofing/copyediting every single story (we will still do it for anyone who asks, of course), is to give me more time to 'grow' the site, both by adding new features and reaching out to the community.
Rainbow is best pony.
RBDash47
Site Admin

Fan Fiction Archive 2.9996847

Postby Draco_2k » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:28 am

Seth has been notified. Still, I think you should be talking to Knighty rather than him.
Draco_2k

Postby Drakomis Reign » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:40 am

RBDash47 wrote:Well, EqD has become the hotbed of MLP:FiM news, etc. It's the single best way to get exposure for anything pony-related - if you get posted there, you know a huge number of bronies are going to see it. Even having BSS mention us in dapple's interview, our URL buried in the last paragraph, spiked our traffic by 25%. We're steadily growing without EqD's help, of course, I assume via our ponychan thread and word-of-mouth. I'll be posting a few other places later today.

I can see that, but I still think it goes about it the wrong way. All protests aside by it I'm perfectly fine if anyone else considers it important, I just have strong opinions about it since I've seen this type of site incarnated many times before.

RBDash47 wrote:Absolutely, you (and anyone else) can post about us anywhere you think people might be interested. One (smallish) part of the reason we're no longer going to be proofing/copyediting every single story (we will still do it for anyone who asks, of course), is to give me more time to 'grow' the site, both by adding new features and reaching out to the community.

Alright, I'll see what I can't do. I hope everyone else get's in on the effort. I'm totally die-hard for this site and everything that goes on here. I'm an adamant supporter of its policies and I love the way things are run. It allows authors an unlimited range of freedom to express themselves and this is, by far, the number one reason I am so emotional in my support for this site. Apologizes placed for my douchbag ways first and foremost, I just like to support something with all my effort.

I'll put the word out, try to figure out what can be done. It may not be much, but you never know. I'd like to emphasize the importance of everyone who loves this site to pitch in too.

Anyway...bleh. Not trying to sound all authoritarian or anything. Keep up the good work and I can only express happiness at every member, including administration, at being present here. Let's make this a team effort! Yay!

==Disclaimer==
Drakomis Reign

Postby HeatWave » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:15 pm

Guys, this place is looking sharp! However, something I noticed while browsing through author names, some of the names are overlapping a bit. Just thought I'd point that out for ya.

Still, this place looks great, and now we've got reviews too! Awesome! My next story is going to be held here exclusively. If Eq.Daily wants to post it... they'll have to link here, but that's assuming it's good enough to pass their censors. I haven't been denied yet, and with three five-star stories under my belt, I'm fairly confident (that six-star eludes me, but alas), but their proofers are getting more picky each day though, so here's hoping.

You guys have done a great job though!
-Nothing ever goes according to plan, so go plan nothing accordingly.
HeatWave

Postby Syd » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:26 pm

RBDash47 wrote:Absolutely, you (and anyone else) can post about us anywhere you think people might be interested. One (smallish) part of the reason we're no longer going to be proofing/copyediting every single story (we will still do it for anyone who asks, of course), is to give me more time to 'grow' the site, both by adding new features and reaching out to the community.

I have about 250 brony friends on funnyjunk. Should I send out a message to all of them (Its just 1 click to send a message to everyone) and tell them to check this out?
Syd

Postby RBDash47 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:43 pm

@HeatWave: Thanks for pointing that out, I'll look into the styling for those columns. Also, I'm honored you'd go with us exclusively... I hope it's not to your detriment.

@Sprok: Go for it, if you think they'd be interested in fanfic - the more the merrier!
Rainbow is best pony.
RBDash47
Site Admin

Postby HeatWave » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:16 pm

RBDash47 wrote:I'm honored you'd go with us exclusively... I hope it's not to your detriment.

I wish I was a bigger name in this fandom that it would actually merit something, but at this point I'm willing to let what little notoriety I have go to support the person who liked my stuff enough to post it on his site without me even having to do anything, so consider this my restitution :).

Now I just have to make sure that my next idea is big enough to warrant the attention...

I think I have something in mind.
-Nothing ever goes according to plan, so go plan nothing accordingly.
HeatWave

Postby Drax99 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:15 pm

I'm staying the hell outta this. I'm pretty sure my name is poison too, since every damn thing I have ever sent to EqD had been blown off. Its one of my many gripes, so I no longer send them anything.

I need to post it on my DA page though, I got alotta watchers now.
"Darkness is not the absence of light,
But merely the inability to perceive."

AS SEEN ON THE INTERWEB!
DeviantArt
FanFicion.net
Drax99

Postby Kynky Pie » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:06 pm

Umm, I made an account here, but when I log into the new website it says my account doenst exist. Do i need to make a separate account for the archive?

EDIT Blah. It says "There is no such account on our website.", I tried to make a new account, it says that email has been used. I tried the recover password, and it still says no account.
Kynky Pie

Postby Syd » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:25 pm

I'm having the same issue. I can log into the forum, but it says the penname is in use on the archive, and I can't log into my account with my pen name.
Syd

Postby Drax99 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:38 pm

Hmm... I think there is an issue with some user data being migrated and others not. I can log in with the beta account that was set up, but my forum account says it doesn't exist.

So right now I have separate accounts for each. But I have a feeling if I try to set up an account with this user name I will get the same email in use error.

Need to either merge the account data, or separate the email check from the archive site.

AS SEEN ON THE INTERWEB!
DeviantArt
FanFicion.net
Drax99

Postby Syd » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Well, its saying that Sprok is already on the archive. Which I am, I have a story up. But I can't log into it. I cannot set up another account there, because it is taken. So... they may have already merged the data.
Syd

Postby Drax99 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:56 pm

try the password retrieval

AS SEEN ON THE INTERWEB!
DeviantArt
FanFicion.net
Drax99

Postby FillyInTheBlanks43 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:57 pm

Hey all,

The issues with the accounts are:

In order for us to move your existing stories over, RBDash had to make user accounts for all the existing authors on the new site. What you need to do is as follows:

New Site wrote:If you already have stories listed in the Archive, click the Login button at the upper right, then click Lost Password. Enter the email address you used to submit to the previous version of the Archive, or that you used to register on the forum, and your password will be emailed to you.
"You tell me what you saw, and I'll tell you what you missed when the ocean met the sky.
You missed when Time and Life shook hands and said good bye.
You missed when the Earth folded in on itself and said 'good luck'."
FillyInTheBlanks43

Postby MoronSonOfBoron » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:00 pm

I've personally e-mailed Sethisto with my vote of confidence for PFA.
I'm a pretty little filly who respects anime women for their intelligence and strength in the face of danger
Storm PrincessArchive #46samutoka @ devART
MoronSonOfBoron

Postby Drax99 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:03 pm

any way to merge the 2 accounts for me then? i dont mind changing my name to Drax Dragon on the board. Or vice versa.

AS SEEN ON THE INTERWEB!
DeviantArt
FanFicion.net
Drax99

Postby Kynky Pie » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:12 pm

yay, I fixed it. Seems my name is different on the other site as well. It's listed as Kinky Pie, but I've been using Kynky Pie everywhere because Kinky Pie was taken.

This is getting confuzzled. Umm, can I get my Pen name changed too? I write the character as Kinky, but use Kynky as username so i can keep it the same on all the websites i use
Kynky Pie

PreviousNext

Return to Administrivia