PFA Ad

Updates and information about the site.

PFA Ad

Postby flutterdash1 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:17 pm

Hey Y'all!

I'm all geared up to make a cute lil' advertisement for our PFA site here and I want some peeps to help me =)

We need things like a decent sized (500x500?) image to catch attention. A nice, enthralling, descriptive paragraph or two about who we are and what we do. Suggestions and the like are all welcome! I'd do it all myself but i'mabout as creative as the backend of a billygoat.

So please put up suggestions here. If you're graphically inclined, make us a fun image =) It can be hand drawn, or just a lotta googledimages put in a square. I'mnot picky!
[center]Trolls and Haters
Swift and Brutal punishment
~~~
Element's of Love: Rewrite
flutterdash1

Re: PFA Ad

Postby JustAshortStory19 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:12 am

I'd love to help but there isn't much if anything i can do with a phone to help you.
aye lads this site will never die. It will always be in me heart also if you want to reach me outside my heart there are ways.

Battle.net DeadlyKitten#116796
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/poniesandmonstertrucks/
JustAshortStory19

Postby flutterdash1 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:23 pm

First draft:

Confound these ponies! The drive me to fanfiction!

MLP: FiM, Ponies, The best Ponies, and so much more!

The Pony Fiction Archive has everything! From episode discussions, writing workshops, authors from your favorite fanfictions, and an atmosphere that anypony will find friendly and welcoming!

Even if you're only looking to read fanfictions, just want to write your own, or just want to chill with the rest of the crew; PFA has a little bit of everything to offer and the only thing missing is you!
~~~
flutterdash1

Postby JustAshortStory19 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:39 pm

Yes! Where will you be promoting?
aye lads this site will never die. It will always be in me heart also if you want to reach me outside my heart there are ways.

JustAshortStory19

Postby flutterdash1 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:58 pm

Anyforum i find that has an "Advertisemetn" section xD
~~~
flutterdash1

Postby The Masked Ghost » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:24 pm

I would help but I don't have that greta of a computer. Mine is from the early 2000's and doesn't run Goggle Chrome...so I'm sorry I can't do much. Although I could help out on what design it could be...or something. I don't know but I do want to help out. I mean I want people to come back to PFA instead over to FIMfiction and shit...becuase it gets lonly all the time...except with you guys...yeah...i'm not sure what I said either.

What do you think I should do and try to help?
Moon Crabs are the best...
The Masked Ghost

Postby flutterdash1 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:52 pm

If you can't help graphically, perhaps you can help literaturily? As in, read over my 'first draft' suggestion and lemme know if you'd change anyhting, omit anything, add anything, etc. An ad is only half imagery. It also has to draw people in with text!
~~~
flutterdash1

Postby JustAshortStory19 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:37 am

We need an overhual of the site and forums.

JustAshortStory19

Postby flutterdash1 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:29 am

That belongs in the Suggestion Box forum in-general, not part of this ad thread ;)

Make a note of the overhall and any suggestions you have for it and I'll get to it ^.^
~~~
flutterdash1

Postby RBDash47 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:10 am

JustAshortStory19 wrote:overhual of the site

Agreed. Sadly we have no web devs "on staff". If you or someone you know is interested in rewriting the site, I would be thrilled to discuss it.
Rainbow is best pony.
RBDash47
Site Admin

Postby flutterdash1 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:34 am

I know html and javascript! I can be a webdev!
~~~
flutterdash1

Postby JustAshortStory19 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:03 pm

flutterdash1 wrote:I know html and javascript! I can be a webdev!

JustAshortStory19

Postby Skybrook » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:31 pm

What's the source on that picture? It's very beautiful and poetic!
Skybrook

Postby flutterdash1 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:06 pm

I just googled mlp fim pictures and found a big version of it that I copied and shrank =)
~~~
flutterdash1

Postby The Masked Ghost » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:55 pm

flutterdash1 wrote:If you can't help graphically, perhaps you can help literaturily? As in, read over my 'first draft' suggestion and lemme know if you'd change anyhting, omit anything, add anything, etc. An ad is only half imagery. It also has to draw people in with text!

I'll do my best, although it'll take time because I don't a lot of time for right now but sometime this weekend I'll be able to get around to it.
Moon Crabs are the best...
The Masked Ghost

Postby Skybrook » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:32 pm

When you find a picture you should also make note of where you found it and try to find the artist's website. That way we can watch them for future awesome things.

https://derpibooru.org/92520
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/6734676/
Skybrook

Postby Teru » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:26 pm

Two ideas here: (both are pretty cheesy, one especially)

Bronies everywhere and anywhere do enjoy MLP: FiM. A great portion of this great legacy is laid within the archives storing the stories of gifted writers into their vast holds. One of these great archives is the Pony Fiction Archive.

This isn't just a place for Fan fictions, either, it's a place for anypony to kick back, and relax, being able to talk to any one and everyone.
(referring to time between season 3 and the suspense waiting for season 4 |)
V
A time of trials ended for us, let us celebrate the new rise in this fandom empire, contribute to our archive, whether with a review or a piece of literature of your own! Converse within the forums with our authors and readers alike! Become a part of PFA's legacy.

Second one:

Ever imagined what people thought of for stories outside of the show's and as their own? Pony Fiction Archive has a, well, archive of just that. Feeling rundown from all the reading, reviewing, and writing? Come down to the forums, where you can converse about the show, or even share ideas about upcoming fan fics.
Not convinced? How about the temptation of being part of a friendly community?
Join today, become a part of the PFA's legacy!
"It's a comfort to know that through all the trials and tribulations, something good came out of the darkness."
Teru

Postby Skybrook » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:50 am

Teru wrote:Bronies everywhere and anywhere enjoy My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic. A great portion of this legacy is in the stories of gifted writers. One of the great archives where you can find these writers is the Pony Fiction Archive. And it needs you to be one of those gifted writers. It's not very busy here but do please please please contribute to this archive, whether with a review or a piece of literature of your own! Converse within the forums with our authors and readers alike! Become a part of PFA's legacy.

Ever imagined what stories went on outside of the show? Curious what Lyra or Bonbon is up to, or what crazy scenario ponies have got into now? Pony Fiction Archive has a, well, archive of just that. Review, write and read the quality fantasy works herein. Feeling rundown from all the reading, reviewing, and writing? Come down to the forums, where you can converse about the show, or even share ideas about upcoming fan fics. We're a friendly community so don't be shy.

Just my suggestions.
Skybrook

Postby Teru » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:10 am

Skybrook wrote:Just my suggestions.

Riiiiight, but I rest my case no less.
"It's a comfort to know that through all the trials and tribulations, something good came out of the darkness."
Teru

Postby JustAshortStory19 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:44 pm

I like terus

JustAshortStory19

Return to Administrivia