MLP: Fighting is Magic

Share music videos, trailers, and other mashups created by fans of MLP:FiM.

Postby Knackerman » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:28 pm

This the right place for this? I think this is the right place for this.

Saw this awhile back but kind of dismissed it as something silly. Looking back over it, it's actually pretty cool. I especially like the music for it that's come out so far. (Applejack's stage theme in particular)

As you can tell from the videos below this is a fan made fighting game by studio Mane6 that's in the pipelines. They're going for a 17 character roster with a fully voiced story mode and an online versus mode. When it's initially released only the mane six ponies will be available, but more are scheduled to be released in later patched content. Game play seems pretty basic with your usual combo system, projectile and power attacks coupled with a power bar system and launcher attacks that can be chained into aerial combos.

Though the game is only in alpha right now, its rumored that Twilight, Apple Jack, Pinkie Pie, and Rarity are pretty much done, and that they're just working on Rarity and Fluttershy now. I'd kind of like to get in on the Beta testing, but I doubt that will happen.

Only thing that makes me a little sad is that they've ruled out any grimdark. Not that I was looking for Mortal Kombat style finishing moves, but it would've been nice to have a psycho-Pinkamena stage or a paranoid Twilight Sparkle alternate character (think Dark Ryu or Robo-Ky). Hell, even a Flutterrage (though that might be part of her regular move set, thinking about it.)

More info at their site.
http://www.mane6.com/
Knackerman

Re: MLP: Fighting is Magic

Postby KAMfiction » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:39 am

This looks fun! Wonder if it will be ported to console?
Kawaii
^_^
KAMfiction

Postby Knackerman » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:56 am

KAMfiction wrote:This looks fun! Wonder if it will be ported to console?

Kind of doubt it, but you never know what will end up on Xbox live arcade.
Knackerman

Postby Ovr9000percentcooler » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:04 am

I've watched some of the other vids and I can't wait for it to come out! Hope they have some characters like Dr.Whooves and Derpy.
Ovr9000percentcooler

Postby Shagbark » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:40 pm

KAMfiction wrote:This looks fun! Wonder if it will be ported to console?

Console games usually need a licensing agreement with the console vendor. At least, they used to. Hasbro isn't going to license its characters for a fighting game.
Shagbark

Return to Fan Videos